Wednesday, December 29, 2004

LaTeX Beamer

I have been enjoying the past few weeks at my sister's home in Chicago. In my free time I tried out the PPT like packages for LaTeX. The Beamer package from Till Tantau rocks. It took just over an hour to convert my ASPDAC presentation to Beamer. If you use LaTeX to write articles use Beamer to write the corresponding presentations.

I have been using LaTeX for the last 3 years and I have been hooked on to it. The major reason is the beautiful documents it produces and the mathematical typesetting capability and also for a reason summarized by Peter Smith.

"You want to use LaTeX because you really like its fundamental concept that you should keep the business of specifying the logical structure and content of your documents sharply distinct from the business of specifying layout."

1 comment:

The Last Blogger said...

I have seen some typesets done in LaTex. I had a chance to learn it long time back in India (Bangalore, 1999) and again in 2002 when a friend suggested that I typeset my thesis in LaTex. Both times the learning curve involved proved a trifle too daunting. Maybe if I had persisted, it would have been very useful today. Nevermind, someday I will get to it :)